My name is Corliss Lee, I have lived in the Plaza neighborhood in Long Beach for over 24 years and I am running to represent YOU on the City Council.
My positions on local issues are below.
- Against proposals for an international airport or any action that threatens the noise ordinance.
- Council woman Mungo made the motions at City Council in 2016 that advanced the proposal for an international airport, spending $300K on a feasibility study that was flawed. She did not move to vote down the issue but did a “receive and file” which leaves it open to being voted on at a later date.
- When questioned at a forum, challenger Dines declined to say “no” to an international airport saying only that the City needed a master plan on our airport.
- I was actively in the fight against the international airport last year and continue to oppose it.
- Against the Land Use Element (LUE) as currently proposed. We need to “receive and file” the LUE until all the laws that affect land use have been evaluated. Density will negatively impact our quality of life adding traffic congestion, reducing parking, increasing crime and threatening to overload our infrastructure (water, gas, electric, sewage system, police, fire, schools).
- Councilwoman Mungo and challenger Dines did not add their voices to opposing the LUE until the 2018 election came into play.
- I have been active and leading this effort for almost a year now. If you see an orange lawn sign in the 5th district, it may have been picked up from my front porch.
- In favor of balancing our budget and managing our money prudently. We need to reduce the over bloated salaries at City Hall.
- Councilwoman Mungo approves of the plan to balance the budget with actions that include raising ambulance fees to cover the excesses and poor judgment of our elected officials.
- Yes to adequate and timely maintenance of our streets, trees and parks and operating in accordance with environmentally responsible policies. We should not be spraying a suspected carcinogen, in our parks where our children play and we walk our dogs.
- Councilwoman Mungo approved extending a contract that did not specify that protection.
We need reform that favors listening to the residents, keeping a focus on the quality of life and maintaining our property values across the eastside of Long Beach.
VOTE FOR CORLISS LEE FOR DISTRICT 5 COUNCIL SEAT ON APRIL 10TH 2018
To meet the candidate and find out more, attend one of the events below:
Coffee – Scott Ward hosting 3603 Palo Verde Saturday 2/24 10-11:30AM
Wardlow Park Wardlow and Stanbridge streets Sunday 2/25 11AM – 12:30PM
Birdcage Park Parkcrest and Knoxville Ave Saturday 3/3 1 – 2:30
Candidate Forum McBride High School 7025 Parkcrest Street Thursday 3/8 6 – 8 pm
El Dorado Park (Tennis Courts area) Studebaker & Spring Saturday 3/10 10 – 11:30
Candidate Forum Bancroft Middle School 5301 E Centralia St Thursday 3/15 6-8 pm
More to come….
To make this campaign successful I need your help. I invite you to participate in any way that you can.
- Post a yard sign! Help with advertising my candidacy. (562) 685 6432
- Host an event. Invite a few neighbors and friends for a “meet the candidate hour.” It can be a tea or front yard get together, a gathering at your local coffee house etc. Call us or sign up on the website http://www.corlissforcouncil.com/get-involved/
- Become a neighborhood team leader. Sign up on my campaign facebook site and “like” the page. You will get notifications of campaign events
- Volunteer! We need help in the campaign office, handling mailings, walking neighborhoods, taking photographs of campaign events, putting together yard signs and delivering them etc. http://www.corlissforcouncil.com/get-involved/
- Contribute financially. http://www.corlissforcouncil.com/donate/ We use the funds to buy yard signs, send out mailings, host events, publish and boost social media etc. Any amount is welcome and appreciated. If you can afford $100 (we need 50 people to contribute that amount or more) we can obtain matching funds (50 cents on the dollar) for all contributions collected. The maximum contribution from a person or company in the primary election is $400.
Visit my website and facebook page to find out more
CAMPAIGN PHONE: (562) 685 6432